Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Singapore as a Runway!

Coming back to Singapore for me was not an option. The late passport, last minute booking of flight, and the fear to be noticed by the immigration are just few of the things reminding me how I was hesitant, unprepared and incosiderate thinking of coming back..
Stephen, Reyna and myself at the Esplanade, Singapore

I thought that things would be easier the second time. Like my 'F&B Mag' article featured my coming to Singapore, this time around is different -more scary and a bit of a gamble.

Thinking about the fact that I auctioned all the things I have and leaving my precious career in the Philippines, what now is waiting for me there should I decide to go back?

It's not that easy to imagine being here jobless. I mean being here trying our luck in whatever and whoever would accept us as employees. And this is not the only case to consider. Afterall, we are on social visit status and with this it entails a lot more details -scary really, believe me!!

But like that of R.R. Tolkien's statement saying, "When do you move on?" -we always move when our heart finally understands that there is no turning back. It's true.

Although all things are blurred at the moment; no possibilities just hopes; and purely intentions, no invites -I still would say that here in Singapore, on this side of the world, the grass is greener.

1 comment:

Jede said...
This comment has been removed by the author.